Gardening and Life Insurance

I'm sure you read that title and thought, "WHAT does gardening have to do with Life Insurance?"  Stay with me and I'll explain.

As I was gardening one day, I started thinking about just how beneficial gardening is to our health - physically, mentally and spiritually! 

Planting a garden involves a lot of exercise. It could involve roto-tilling the land, lifting and distributing soil, and weeding. 

Gardening can be quite a workout! 

Gardening is great for our mental state as well. While tending to plants, the mind often wanders. It might be a private moment with God, or a time to think and make plans. Perhaps it's just a short respite from the chaos of family life. Whatever the reason, gardening eases the mind, thus reducing stress and anxiety.

Then there's the bounty! Fresh, nutritional fruits and vegetables! Fresh, not days or even weeks old as a result of being shipped from another state or even another country!

The savings are enormous. I did plant a garden this year, but only planted a few items. I recently moved to the area and just didn't get my act together in time. As a consequence, I still have to buy some produce for my bearded dragon and me. There is always too much in a package, thus I always end up throwing some out.

Thank God for composting - nothing goes to waste. 

The activities you participate in, and your general health are factors used to determine both your premium on a life insurance policy, and your death benefit. Because of this, growing a garden is one of the best things you can do for your family. You will be healthier in your everyday life. You might also get a lower life insurance premium along with a larger death benefit.

If you live in a small area, consider vertical or tower gardening. You might also be able to find a community garden where you can rent a small plot of space to plant your garden.

Do you have a garden? 

Share what your grow and any tips you may have.



            Check out Tower Gardens Here

 

If you don't have Life Insurance, it is important to get it today!

Contact me to set up a free consultation to go over your options. 

Carolee Hollenback

(315) 200-4326

Like my Facebook page! Click here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saving the Earth, the Bees and on your grocery bill!

About Me