When Your Variable Accounts Take A Hit

Back when I worked for a social services agency, I had opened up a 403B in hopes of saving SOMETHING for retirement. A short time later, I lost my job. My total contribution to the 403B had been $660 up to that point. Not a huge amount, but I was sure if I ignored it for a while, it would grow exponentially. 

Fast forward a year or so and I finally opened one of my quarterly reports. I was a bit shocked to see it had barely increased. I knew it was time to look into other options. 

Ironically, this was right around the time that I learned about PHP Agency. I needed to do something with my money, and I needed a new life insurance policy. PHP fulfilled both. When I heard they were also hiring agents to work from home, I was all in!

After going through training for my life insurance license and learning my different options, I decided to put my money into an IUL.

Indexed Life insurance, or IUL for short, is a type of life insurance with a cash value. You will most likely pay a higher premium than you would with a standard term policy. The excess of premium payment above the life insurance policy is credited to the cash value of the policy, which is then credited with interest each month.

The benefits of an IUL include:

*You can withdraw income in your retirement tax-free

*You can receive market like returns, while never losing any money (Ask me about "Zero is our hero")

*Allow you to access your money at any age- no need to wait until you are 59 1/2 or 72 years old to gain access like your 401k, 403B and other variable accounts. 

*You can opt to continue to make premium payments if you should become disabled.

*Provides a large, tax-free lump sum payment to your family in the event of your death.

*This type of life insurance is permanent, as long as your premiums are paid.

IUL's are so safe, that Walt Disney, JC Penney and Ray Kroc of McDonald's all kept money in IUL's. They could grow their money safely with no loss and borrow it from themselves tax-free. 

Smart business move!

Like I said, I decided to put my money in an IUL. I was moving and decided to wait until I was settled in my new home. Oftentimes things don't go as quickly as planned and another quarter slipped by. When my new statement arrived the other day, I almost fainted!

I had $777.66 at the beginning of the quarter. I now had $729.14 - a LOSS of $48.52! I lost almost $50.00 due to not acting quickly. Imagine if I had started with $6,600 or $660,000! That would have been some serious cash lost!

Guess what I'm doing in the VERY near future? 

Getting that IUL!

If you are interested in an IUL policy, let's talk!

The younger and healthier you are, the cheaper your premium and the more your money will grow!

Don't delay, get an IUL today!

Carolee Hollenback

(315) 200-4326

Like my Facebook page! Click here!

Looking for a professional career that you can do from anywhere?

Call me today or join my Facebook group Business Information page here 

*We write policies for American citizens in every US state*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saving the Earth, the Bees and on your grocery bill!

About Me

Gardening and Life Insurance